lost weight
hi my name is heather im 20 years old and my weight used to be in the 100 hundreds now that i got on the depo shot i lost some weight into the high 80s to low 90s and i was wondering if i should be concerned or is that normal to weigh that much for a 20 year old  how much should a 20 year old weigh if anybody can please let me know thanks
Hi!

Your weight will depend on your age, stature and height. However, if you are losing weight without any cause then get this investigated.
ne possibility is that you have an eating disorder. In which case taking help from a doctor specialized in treating eating disorders will help. There are many other causes like worms in stool, depression, anorexia nervosa, AIDS, cancers especially colon cancers, drug abuse, infections and loss of appetite. Loss of appetite can again be due to certain medications, drug abuse, depression, AIDS, acute and chronic infections, cancers and hypothyroidism. Either you do not eat well or there is increased metabolism as in hyperthyroid states, HIV, cancer etc. Poor absorption as in irritable bowel syndromes and malabsorption syndromes too is possible. Malabsorption syndromes are seen in intestinal tuberculosis, HIV, tropical sprue, parasites in stool and Whipple’s Disease. Diabetes too can be the cause.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
thanks for your help
Is this shot making you nauseous that you just don't feel like eating? It does me like that sometimes
yea it used too be like that but now its getting better and im eating more and gaining weight now
As u can see they will scare ya with other medical illnesses like HIV and cancer... ugh I hate that... it's the depo that makes us feel horrible.. I'm on this crappy shot... I won't go back for my 4th injection.  I'm glad you're feeling better!!