Teen Health Community
lower back ache and stomach cramps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

lower back ache and stomach cramps

hi, im 18 and helathy and active but for about a week now ive been suffering from lower back ache...its a dull ache across my lower back and comes and goes. i also have been getting more infrequent stomach cramps, im wondering if there might be a link? my doctor did a test of my urine and there is no sort of urinary infection..but i really cant tell if the two symptoms are linked or serperate? i am due to start my period in about a week so i was wondering if perhaps that had something to do with it...other than that i cant think of any explanation for the stomach cramp other than that i was quite constipated about a week ago..which caused stomach pain...but i took something which you disolve in water to relieve constipation and it seems to be ok now. in terms of the back pain, i do exercise frequently but havnt really been doing anything different..and i do stand up alot at work and wear quite flat shoes...so perhaps this could be causing my back pain? as you can see im quite confused..and my symptoms are quite vague so my doctor suspected it was some kind of muscle strain after checking all my movement, which was fine and just told me to take pain killers..but im wondering if you could be able to see something else? thanks i would really appreciate a second opinion..and sorry for the long comment!