maxi pad rash?? or...
For my period this month I used a new kind of pad, it was a super absorbent huge always pad.  I have never used always before and am not used to the plasticky texture.  I developed some kind of rash on each side of the lower portion of my labia.  It is red, rather raw, and very dry skin but does not itch.  There are no visible bumps.  I stopped using those pads and switched to a more cottony pad and applied diaper rash cream last night. Not sure if the rash has improved yet or not, will check in the morning.  Does this happen to anyone else?? Is it possible that its from something other than the pad??
This is totally normal, its just a reaction to the pad, as a baby would have to a diaper.  I suggest taking a warm bath and letting the area soak.  it will relieve the pain.  Its better to use tampons but if you need to use a pad make sure to only use it when necessary.
Hey, thanks for your opinion:) I actually took a bath but didnt use an soap to clean the area just water as I didnt want to cause further irritation. I stopped using the plastic pads, and as soon as my period was gone I went commando for a while to let it air out and it seems to be healed now, except for a bit of dry-ness which im assuming is part of hte heeling process as it was so irritated before.  Next time I am staying away from always! Definitely going with tampons, and if need be, cotton pads.
using baby powder will help
oh really?? Well the diaper rash cream did hte trick, but my skin was soo dry after.  I dont know what kind of moisturizers are okay down there so I just left it and let the skin heal on its own. if this ever happens again (which I hope it wont because those pads when straight in the trash) I will try baby powder:)