Teen Health Community
my period and terrible cramps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

my period and terrible cramps

i've had my period since 11, now i'm 16. all along it was fine, all regular periods and flows and cycles until now. i've just got my period with terrible cramps so bad i just laid down into a ball. after awhile i took aspirin and i felt better. i've discovered that my period blood is now brown instead of the usual dark red!!! i know that after blood is exposed to air it turns brown but it isnt that colour. it's more like the colour of faeces and instead of smelling like blood it smells horrible!!! im extremely worried is this normal?
Hi!
If you are sexually active, it could be a miscarriage. Otherwise, it could be due to fungal infection. Cramps can also be due to polycystic ovary, but less likely as it started all of a sudden. Chances of an infection are more likely. If the symptoms persist, please consult your gynecologist. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.