Teen Health Community
nausea on depo shot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

nausea on depo shot

hi im 21 years old and I been on the depo shot for 2 years now and since then I been experiencing nausea my question is has anybody that been on the depo shot ever get nausea I som,etimes get it where I don't feel like eating sometimes and is their anything I can take to ease the nausea a bit if anybody can help me that would be appricated thanks
Hi!
Nausea on depot shots can be due to contraceptive failure and pregnancy. So, take a pregnancy test and see. Daily or intermittent nausea (that comes and goes) can be due to acidity, which is a side effect of depot shots.  You can take antacids and see. Avoid fuzzy drinks, smoking and spicy food. Inform your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
thank u I went to my doctor on Monday and they said that nausea can happen while on depo shot but thanks for your help