Teen Health Community
not developed all the way

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

not developed all the way

hi im a 17 year old male i hit puberty at 14 grew some pubic hair, voice got deep, got 4 inches taller and gained some weight, plus my penis and testicles increased in size but not much. penis is 4.5 erect which im not happy with. after 3 years of puberty iv yet to grow armpit hair, facial hair, or hair on my legs and my penis and testicles are still below average size. i started puberty at 14 i went through it for 2 years till i was 16 then from 16 to 17 a whole year iv seen no further growth in any area of my body nothing. im 5'7'' 150 pounds as far as i know im healthy no health issues. i go for a checkup once a year. i went to the doctors about 4 months ago and told the doctor that i think i have a problem with puberty so he did a physical exam. he said my penis is average size but thats bullsh.t. 4.5 erect is not average. plus i have no body hair all he told me was that puberty is a long road and that was it and i went home. i was really disappointed that he didnt run some tests and find out what is wrong with me. he acted as if everything was normal but im 17 years old and i should be finished with puberty so obviously there is something wrong with me. anyone know what could be wrong with me. what causes armpit hair and facial hair and leg hair to grow. plus what makes the penis grow and testicles. i need the medicine that causes that stuff.
Bless your heart,  you sound really worried.

4.5 inches is within the average - I don't know what the exact exact average is,  but in human bodies,  "normal" is a range.  Like your height and weight are "normal" too, although you're a little shorter than average.  That's fine.  Some people are a little fatter than average,  you aren't.

Some people are a little hairier than average, too, and some guys develop facial/chest/leg hair late.  Look at the guys on the Avercrombe and Fitch posters.  See much hair there?  No.  

Doctors don't treat normal with medication - he looked you over and found you to be healthy.  That's great news.

Best wishes.  

i would  have a check up at a pediatric endocrinologist with a focus on puberty delay, just to make sure.
It seems porn has tainted your view of the average size of a male penis. You may not be on the high end of the average, but you are within an average range.
i think your perfectly fine its a normal thing you still got til your 18th b-day jus wait and see cause sum guys dont really fully delvelop til their 21 sometimes but dont sweat it you will be ok
I'm 15 and I'm almost 15 1/2 on erect. I've been noticing that my penis shrinks On flaccid pretty small! This has been happening over about a year. Is it permanent or can I get medication to stop the shrinkage? Any help? Cheers