Teen Health Community
pins and needles during sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

pins and needles during sleep

lately i have been waking up at night with extremely painful pins and needles in just the bottom of both feet and no where else. what could this be????? ive read that it could be poor circulation, however it just started and its not in my hands too, just the bottom of my feet...
also i am a 13 yo girl and have never had any health issues
If you are sleeping in a certain way, you can cut off circulation to your feet and make them "fall asleep", giving you the pins and needles feeling. Do you have any back pain or other symptoms? It would be a good idea to make a doctor's appointment to find out what is going on. It could be a problem with your sciatic nerve or it could be something else. Ask your mom to make you a doctor's appointment and then go from there. Take care.