Teen Health Community
protein shakes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

protein shakes

hi I recently went to my doctor for losing weight from the depo shot and they suggested I try taking ensure protein shakes I would love to try them but I don't know if im gonna like it and if its really gonna work did anybody try ensure protein shakes and if they did let me know if it works and if it taste good
Hi!
If the protein shakes themselves contain sugar and calories, they cannot really help you gain weight in a proper manner. Personally I would not recommend any shakes. It is best to increase protein intake through cereals, oats, lean cut of meats and egg whites. You can opt for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Exercise regularly. With time you will gain weight and a toned and fit body. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
ok thank u