Teen Health Community
pulsation under right rib cage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

pulsation under right rib cage

I'm 18 years old. I'm healthy over all. But I am treated for GERD, Depression, Anxiety, and OCD. But since the end of December (about 3 months ago) I have began to get this pulsating feeling in my stomach, under my right rib cage. You can actually feel it by just barely pressing down on the skin of my stomach in the general area of the pulsating. Sometimes it beats hard, sometimes soft, sometimes fast, sometimes slow. It happens several times throughout the day. It hasn't been causing any pain as far as I can tell, but it is oddly uncomfortable. And quite unusual. I was in the hospital when it started happening and the RN said she had no clue what in the world it was. So, that worried me even more. My mom is very involved in Med Field and she too has became puzzled by this. I'll repeat again, it's under my RIGHT rib cage at the bottom of the last one. Could it be gall bladder or what? Please help, I'm concerned.