Teen Health Community
sharp pain near bottom of rib cage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

sharp pain near bottom of rib cage

So when i was about to sleep, i turned in bed and felt a sharp pain around the bottom of my rib cage. It hurt for a little while and went away. I felt the same pain when before when i was hit by a football in the gut a week ago. I wanted to know if this is something i should really be worried about. I don't have much free time so i'm trying to decide if i should go to a doctor and get it checked. I only felt this pain twice in one week.
I would definitely go to a doctor and get it checked out. You could have some sort of internal damage you aren't aware of  - especially if it hurts below your rib cage where you aren't protected. If you don't want to go see a doctor try to speak to your coach (if you have one), or ask an athlete or athletic coach of some kind. They would have more experience in sports injuries.