Teen Health Community
small lump in armpit?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

small lump in armpit?

About two days ago I found two small lumps, one in each armpit. Both are very small, maybe 2mm in diameter, feels very hard, and is buried under the skin. I checked it out in the mirror, and you can't see it at all. There isn't any obvious swelling, I'm not on my period, and I'm not taking any meds. It doesn't hurt when you press it or anything, and it's actually very hard to locate, so it may have been there before and I may not have known. It couldn't be due to shaving because I don't shave every day and I found the lumps before I shaved. I doubt it's cancer, considering I'm just turning 14 in a few months and I don't have anyone in my family who had cancer (at least I don't think so). Any thoughts on what it could be? Personally I think it's too small to be an ingrown hair or some type of harmless cyst, but I have no clue what it is. Help?