teen fainting/purple feet
For the past 2 years, my 15 year old daughter has had dizzy spells where she feels faint, ears ring, vision goes black and she almost passes out. Then she dry heaves or vomits. After lying down a few minutes she feels better. Usually happens in the morning or when she takes a shower. Her hands and feet are ALWAYS ice cold...even in the summer. This past Friday, she had one of her dizzy/vomitting spells at school. When she went to the nurse, her O2 saturation was 88%, and her feet were purple and white splotchy. She also has what sounds to me to be a nerve issue. She sometimes feels like she has wet herself, but of course she hasn't. She just has the sensation that she is wet/warm in her lower areas that just lasts a second, and then she realizes that she hasn't wet herself. She has excessive sweating, especially under her arms, also. So...does this sound like any illness or condition that I should be concerned about?  Also, her father passed away when he was 28 from a heart attack. He had an enlarged heart.
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about this. If your daughter’s father passed away due to enlarged heart then since she is having these spells with feet turning purple, it is very important to get a complete heart check up. Also, her blood pressure could be dropping too low. This too needs to be evaluated.
Another possibility is transient ischemic attack or ministroke. The symptoms include temporary loss of sensation in any part of the body, black outs, vision loss, tingling, loss of function of a limb etc. It is common in people with high blood pressure, diabetes, peripheral vascular disease, and high cholesterol. Hence all predisposing factors to TIA should be ruled out like polycythemia vera, sickle cell disease, atherosclerosis, diabetes, hyperviscosity syndromes, hypertension etc.
Vitamin B12 deficiency, severe anemia is another possibility. Your daughter needs an urgent consultation by a doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.