vegetarian.
I have wanted to be a vegetarian for a really long time and i finally started about 3 weeks ago, but people have been telling me its really not healthy for teenagers because they need protein and stuff. So is it unhealthy to be a vegetarian at 16?
You are going to have to work a little harder to get that protein in but it can be done. Do your homework and study up on a vegetarian lifestyle. Some ways you can get protein is soy, nuts and beans.
My teenage daughter wanted to be a vegetarian for a few years so I had to learn how to cook vegetarian. She's not doing it so much anymore but I still use soy, like the soy crumbles in soups or the firm tofu in veggie stir fries. She also likes the Boca burgers, which is a soy burger. She also liked burritos with refried beans, black beans, pinto beans, etc.
Eggs are a good source of protein and there's many ways you can cook eggs. Any kind of nut is good for snacking or cooking and a great source of protein. Cheese and yogurt are both good.
Those are just a few things I can think of off the top of my head. Try looking up recipes and experiment.
I wish you well. :)
yeah i guess i would just have to do my research and have my parents cook me non meat but still nutritious and protein full meals. thank you! and i wish you well also :)