Teen Health Community
vegetarian.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

vegetarian.

I have wanted to be a vegetarian for a really long time and i finally started about 3 weeks ago, but people have been telling me its really not healthy for teenagers because they need protein and stuff. So is it unhealthy to be a vegetarian at 16?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
203342_tn?1328740807
You are going to have to work a little harder to get that protein in but it can be done. Do your homework and study up on a vegetarian lifestyle. Some ways you can get protein is soy, nuts and beans.
My teenage daughter wanted to be a vegetarian for a few years so I had to learn how to cook vegetarian. She's not doing it so much anymore but I still use soy, like the soy crumbles in soups or the firm tofu in veggie stir fries. She also likes the Boca burgers, which is a soy burger. She also liked burritos with refried beans, black beans, pinto beans, etc.
Eggs are a good source of protein and there's many ways you can cook eggs. Any kind of nut is good for snacking or cooking and a great source of protein. Cheese and yogurt are both good.
Those are just a few things I can think of off the top of my head. Try looking up recipes and experiment.
I wish you well. :)
Blank
1201598_tn?1265477322
yeah i guess i would just have to do my research and have my parents cook me non meat but still nutritious and protein full meals. thank you! and i wish you well also :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Teen Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...