Teen Health Community
very low energy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

very low energy

I'm seventeen years old and I have been feeling very tired and have very little energy.   I have felt this way for approx 5 or more months. I tend to sleep well most nights (8 hours a night) and even nap a couple days of the week.  I do wake up at least once a night and I am currently taking no medications.  I am at a healthy body weight:  I am 5'4 and weigh 125 lbs.   I recently went to my doctor and he took blood, I called back and they said the blood results were fine and that everything was okay.  I have also noticed that my eyes are really sore.  My diet is healthy but I might be undereating. I tend to skip breakfast 5 out of 7 days of the week and sometimes eat lunch if I have time, i know that it might seem obvious but even if I eat breakfast/lunch I feel tired. I rarely drink any water during the day because I do not feel thirsty. could this be contributing? how does water give you energy?  I do not drink/smoke.  I have had depression in the past and took APO-AMITRIPTYLINE.     What could be contributing to my low energy?  
Tags: no energy
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
maybe your not getting enough protene or vitamins in you.
Blank
203342_tn?1328740807
Dehydration can certainly affect how you feel and make you tired, sluggish, etc. It can also make your eyes feel dry and red. Make a habit of drinking water throughout the day. Carry around a water bottle. If you don't care for the taste of water, you can always add a little lemon juice or buy flavored waters. But make sure you are drinking plenty of water! You should be getting at least 8 full 8 oz's of water a day.
Also make sure you are eating at least every 3 to 4 hours. Breakfast is especially important because your body has already been fasting all night when you've been sleeping. If you're not normally hungry in the mornings then just make a fruit smootie or something in the blender. It's nutritious and will give you energy. Throw some fruit like a banana, frozen strawberries, blueberries, etc. in a blender with a little milk, sweetener and you can add protein powder or wheat germ to make it even healthier. Try and have a light snack in the afternoon like an apple or granola mix. You don't have to eat big meals, just try and eat healthy meals and snacks every 3 to 4 hours.
If you start doing these suggestions, I think you will start to feel better and have more energy in no time. If you stll don't after a few weeks of trying these suggestions, then get a physical done and get your thyroid checked. You're young, though, I think it's just your diet, or lack of, that's affecting how you feel. Hope this helps!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Teen Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...