want to gain weight
hi im 20 years old and I weigh about 90 some pounds but I want to gain weight I am on the depo shot and recently lost a lot of weight from it which on the shot im supposed to gain weight but instead I lost it anyway can anybody give me ideas or suggestions on how to gain weight if so please let me know thanks
Hi!
If you lost weight on depot shot then you probably have some problem that is causing weight loss. One possibility is that you do not eat enough. The other factors are presence of diseases like diabetes, hyperthyroidism, tuberculosis, poor diet, eating disorders, malabsorption syndromes, and cancers. Worms in stool is another cause.
You can consult your doctor regarding this and eliminate these causes of low weight. If all is fine, consult a nutrition expert and build up a good diet program. A physical fitness trainer then can help you gain some muscle mass. However do not go for this unless the medical causes are ruled out because you may need to modify the diet and exercise program according to the problem you have. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
ok thank u but I know I don't have any problems with my weight I have friends who have the same problem and they are fine I go to my doctor on February 11th and I will find out everything