Teen Health Community
want to take vitamins

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

want to take vitamins

hi im on the depo shot and recently lost a lot of weight my question is does anyone  think its a good idea to take vitamins to help me gain weight I have a doctors appointment on Monday and im  gonna ask them about it but I wanted other peoples opnion on it I think its a good idea and so does my parents I would take gummy vitamins im hoping this will work
Hi!
While it is common notion that taking multivitamins does not harm, actually no vitamins should be taken unless needed. Vitamins usually will not help you gain or lose weight. They can help you fight infection and anemia and help you keep healthy.
As I have probably discussed earlier, if you are losing weight you need to find out the cause. Usually depot shots cause weight gain. So, if you are losing weight on this, you must inform your gynecologist. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
thanks for your help but I asked my doctor about taking vitamins and she said that I could take them im also gonna drink protein shakes to help  me gain weight that's wat my doctor reccammended  and about me losing the weight my doctor is not that concerned and told me to just keep eating and I will be fine and she told me to just stay on the shot