Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
14 weeks and 3 days still spotting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

14 weeks and 3 days still spotting

Is this normal to be spotting still.?
It's the same light pink everytime but I scares me and I looked it up and they said spotting usually occurs before the first 3 months anyone still spotting ?
Hi!
It is common for some women to bleed on and off during the first 3 months. However, any spotting or bleeding in first trimester should never be ignored. It can be due to simple causes such as cervicitis (infection/inflammation of cervix), vaginitis (infection/inflammation of vagina), or it can also be due to a part of uterine lining sloughing or due to threatened abortion. Sometimes it happens without a cause. It can also be due to hormonal imbalance. You must immediately consult a gynecologist and get a sonogram to visualize the baby. If the placenta and baby are fine and there is no bleeding from placenta, then this could just be some old blood. Also measure the blood HCG levels 48 hours apart to see if they are rising or not. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!