Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
16&Pregnant.. w/a Concern?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

16&Pregnant.. w/a Concern?

im 16 years old and am 7 weeks going on 8 , and i feel like i alredy have a Baby bump is that possiblee?? & Also i havent told the baby daddy (were nt together) . I
scared he wont want it  what should i say?
"Babybump" is bloating which is very common in early to mid pregnancy . As far as the babys father only you know best how to tell him . Just be calm and let him know maybe in a public place if your worried about his reaction . He has a right to know and either he will support and stand by you or he will not but he may come around . It might be hard for him to comprehend at first so dont get upset . Either way congrats its a blessing . Im going on 31 weeks pregnant . Im 20 though . If you ever want to talk or hav e questions feel free to message me privately im always here :)
You are so young to be pregnant. Having sex with someone is the most intimate thing you can do. Were you not close enough to him to let him know he's going to be a father? This is why any girl, no matter what age, should be in a very stable relationship before deciding to bring a human being into this world. Both of you did make this decision if you were having unprotected sex. If you were concerned about getting pregnant you would have been using birth control. Condoms and a birth control pill. You can get both for free at your local clinic. He may or may not be there for you and the baby. He has the choice to walk away and you do not. You can try going after him for child support. Many girls do not get it though. The boys can end up in jail for not paying.  I'm not trying to be harsh. This is reality.  Have you finished school? I think most likely not if you're only 16. Do you have a job, a car, money to buy everything this baby will need? I do hope your boyfriend will step up to the plate and take care of you and this baby.
Remar -I feel like everyone makes their own life decisions, if they get pregnant they will get to live with it, they will learn how hard it is, and it's already hard enough, she came here for advice not for someone to make them feel worse.

Honey good luck, best advice is to be open about it with the Dad thats the only way you'll find out if he'll help you out, but nest advoce is to never give up.
I'm not trying to make her feel worse. I don't want her to think things are magically going to be very easy because most likely they will not be.
I read too many stories about girls in the same situation. They are stressed, unhappy and the fathers are no where to be found.
I'm really not trying to be harsh. I just don't understand why any girl or woman would take the chance of getting pregnant if they're not prepared. I already know what you may say. Is anyone ever really prepared? Yes they are. If they've finished school, have a home, a job, a partner that wants this child too, then they're ready.
But you have to understand that she already knows! And that she didnt ask for you opinion on her being pregnant.
Did she not come here to Medhelp with a question? Yes, she did. Anyone can comment on her post.
I truly hopes she comes back here to say that the guy is going to take care of her and the baby. It's his responsibility to do so.
Please read back through the hundreds of posts that girls have made here and you'll see that most of the guys do not stick around. The girls and their parents are left to take care of the baby. Many times they have to get on Medicaid, food stamps, WIC. That's money out my pocket. I have no decision in anyone having a child and not being able to support it, yet I have to help pay for it. So, you think I don't get upset when this happens? I sure do because I've worked hard. My family works hard. I have every right to make comments to a young girl that will most likely not finish school and get assistance. Don't you think?
If you are not prepared to give this child the best home possible and support it all on your own then don't get pregnant. Take responsibility and get on birth control until you are ready to truly take care of a child.
Gabriel its really not your place to say anything I don't care what you pay. We all do and your gonna pay no matter what that doesn't mean you can down talk a 16 year girl. I am sure she is breaking out enough she don't need input from a negative person. NO one is ready a million dollars or not!
Freaking*
I meant remar sorry Gabriel!
Do you all really pay? I think not because I personally know several young girls that do not work and get assistance. Do you even have any idea what it costs for prenatal care and the delivery? It can easily run $20,000.That's just the start of the cost for a baby. They also need food, medical care and so on. I have a daughter who works sometimes 60 hours a week, she has no children. They take 1/3 of her check in taxes. Guess where some of that money goes? On girls that are getting pregnant and will get assistance.
I have every right to come here and give advice, just like you do. Please make me understand how you can have sex with someone, get pregnant and then be afraid to even tell the father? To me, if you're in that situation then you are no where near ready to have a child. It's not about what YOU want, it's about what a baby deserves. And, all children deserve a good life. They did'nt ask to be brought into this world.
I would like for any girl that comes to this forum with pregnancy concerns to also check out the Single parenting forum here. It's really sad to hear some of the stories.
Megan - its remar putting her down, not me.
If you consider telling someone the truth and what reality is a put down I just don't understand your thinking. How could you not agree that it's best for a young girl to be prepared as she can for a baby. That she should finish school. go to college, get a career, get married and then have children? No, it does'nt always have to be in that order. But my gosh, at least be prepared to give this child what it needs all on your own. A happy loving home with two parents. Show the child that it's parents can take care of it by hard work. Give that child morals and values. Do you think it shows a child morals and values being dragged to the welfare office and then going to the store to use food stamps? Listen, I was a teen mother, and I was married. I understand how very hard it is. My husband and I worked our tails off to provide for our daughter. I worked days and he worked nights. It was'nt about what we wanted. It was about what our daughter needed. We never received any kind of assistance. Never would I have taken my daughter to a welfare office and then used food stamps. My husband had a job with insurance and that took care of our daughter's delivery and medical care. Please tell me why you think it's okay to have sex with someone you hardly know, not use protection and then have a baby? Make me understand. Just don't get on here and say I'm picking on someone because I am not. Do you not know what reality is? Do you not care about these young women and children? Because I sure do! I want to see all young women have a happy life. And, I want these children to be happy and healthy.  
She asked a question answer it and move on. If you dont agree dont respond . Fighting over her post isnt answering her question .
If you are scares to tell him maybe straight up you should tell him you missed your period and want him to go with you to get a pregnancy test.Take it at the store and then show it to him.I did the same I hugged my boyfriend and told him Id like for him to be in his childs life and he said he wanted to be too and that he is staying because he loves me and now he kisses my belly and tells our baby he loves her.I hope everything goes well for you!Good luck and bless you and your little one.
Megan- its remar youre talking to not me...i was defending her.
she corrected herself so don't worry. Read her above comment and you'll see that she was talking to me.
I asked several questions and no one answered them. I guess no one agrees or has anything good to say and that's why they have'nt been answered. I though this was a forum for questions relating to teen pregnancy concerns? My questions were about that very subject.
I don't expect to get any answers. I'll quit commenting on this post and also quit trying to give advice about reality. Any of you young girls that either want a baby or are already pregnant will find out soon enough what I'm talking about.
Dont direct your comment at me because I know what raising a baby entails and how hard it is . But she didnt ask about how much will she struggle she will find out on her own all im saying is lets answer what she did ask .
And as far as your assistance comment , there is nothing wrong with help ! Id rather have the goverment help then people and their babys go without food for a day thats why we have assistance not everybody ABUSES IT !