Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
1st pregnancy, scared and need help and support

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

I am 17, 18 next month. I am 19 weeks oregnant almost 20wks have gender testing on the 24th of this month but I am worried. Pregnancy hasnt been that well so far went to the hospital cause if bleeding a couple months ago but turned out being a uti. My obgyn hasnt really done nothing but blood work no sonos or nothing just heart beat... Im always cramping and spotting every now and then and I thought that was just suppose to be at the begining. Found out I have thyroid problems worried if everything is ok with my child :( 13 hypo (what I am) have had birth defects as where hyper is 8.... Is worries me that I havent had a sonogram before knowing all this... i am on meds now but from the look of it its to late to change doctors and more work and stress I really dont need since when I stress I cramp more. What should I bring up , what questions should I ask next appt.? Anyone else have a thyroid problem during pregnancy? Any tips... First pregnancy and I am really confused and lose and feel alone not knowing what to do to make sure my baby is 100% fine... So please any help?
You could always go to the er and tell them you are concerned about the baby and that you need an ultrasound for reassurance and that you have been spotting.  Sorry things have been stressful the good news is you will be feeling your baby kick and move very soon. I was stressed and worried through out my whole pregnancy also and I'm concerned with my new one.

If you feel you need to change doctors it's never too late. Especially when you hired them you can fire them. Keep us updated!
I'm 17 also and I get where your coming from about not having anybody to talk to. You can change doctors it isn't too late and it's better then having one that you don't like! I'm sorry to hear about your thyroid problem. Most doctors would have done a sono by now to see how the baby is measuring..thats odd maybe you should ask at your next appt why she hasn't looked at baby yet?  And ask why your still spotting half way through