Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
43 days from last period. please reply. im worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

Hi so im 17, and my boyfriend and i had protected sex 42 days ago the day right after my last period, it was both our firsts. We've had sex three more times since then too, all using a condom. i marked the day i had my period on one of thoses period apps, and that was the first time i actually marked it. Sept 13 was theday my period ended and sept 15 was the actually day we had sex. It said on the calendar that my period was suppose to come on Oct. 5 th .. its Oct. 27th.. last night my boyfriend fingered me hoping that would help start my period! i did start bleeding after i had orgasmed. i thought that made it start so i put a tampod in right after. I took it out an hour later and there was only a little blood on it and i had stopped bleeding. i was stressed in beginning of october, but after the first week i just for got about it, so ive been super calm. every once in awhile like maybe once every 3 days i get this sharp cramp but it doesnt last that long. oh and after he fingered me and i put my tampond in, it hurt, like as if i actually started, but i didnt...should i be worried? what should i do?
Go to the store, even the Dollar Store has reliable ones, and buy one or two pregnancy tests.  Using first-morning urine, take the test.  There is no other way to know, and waiting will not change things.
so its not too late to do that?
I didn't say to take Plan B to eliminate the possibility of being pregnant, which does have a short time window (72 hours) for effectiveness.  I said to test to see if you are pregnant.  That would be an hpt, a home pregnancy test.  There is no end window on an hpt, a woman in her ninth month of pregnancy would get a positive unless her numbers were so high that the hpt could not register them.  There is such a thing as testing too early, but you have missed a period, it is not too early to test.  Follow the instructions, and if you can't get to the store now, save some of your first-morning urine (which is the most concentrated) in a jar and use it for testing once you do buy the test.
There's no way to jump start your periods other than perscribed medicines I'm afraid, so I wouldn't ask your boyfriend to do that because by causing bleeding he is actually damaging you, it could weaken your cervix or anything.
At your age, it's common for periods to be irregular. I had them sometimes once every 3 weeks, to as long as a year, but all the yests found I was fine.
Even so, it's important that you take a pregnancy test. Even the ones you find at supermarkets, on ebay or at cheap stores will be extremely accurate.
If it is positive, talk to responsible adults- parents, doctor or anyone you trust- with your boyfriend about your options.
If it is negative, go out and get yourself on the pill, implant, injection- anything. Condoms on their own are not effective enough. Some studies have found that 20/100 women will fall pregnant within a year of just using condoms.