Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
6 weeks & 4 days & no fetus or heart beat
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

6 weeks & 4 days & no fetus or heart beat

I am 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant, I went to the doctors yesterday and got a vaginal ultrasound, the saw a sac but no fetus or heartbeat, should i be concerned or can it just be too early? I go back on monday to get my blood work done again to check my hcg levels, i cant help but stress. please reassure me.
Related Discussions
13 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1370609_tn?1306383621
I know exactly wat you going through right now...i have been there...one of my MCs at 6th week there was no fetus just the sac...doc told me it looks like a chemical pregnancy...so prepare youself for a MC...i had to wait weeks for that to happen....im really sorry to tell you this hun....but looks like 80% you might have a blighted ovum...where the baby stops growing..or even a chemical pregnancy...will keep you in my prayers...keep us posted...Stay strong Trust in the Lord...
Blank
i agree with the above poster. this sounds like blighted ovum. you may or may not expel the sac naturally. some persons need a D&C. even if it is not a "regular" pregnancy, you should still talk to a grief and loss counselor. you may feel relieved that you are not going to have a baby, and everyone will prob tell you, "it's for the best". but you may feel sad as well and that's totally normal. talk to a counselor who understands loss.
Blank
please pray for me, this is my first child and ill be devestated. thanks for your advice guys.
Blank
It could always be too early. Some women don't see the baby until later. I couldn't see my guys (twins) until 9 weeks. Before then it was just the sac. Just wait a few more weeks (and no it won't hurt you to wait just a little longer if it is indeed a miscarriage) and get another u/s done. If the baby did in fact stop growing, you and the doctor can decide what the best course of action is. S/he may suggest a d&c or let you try to miscarry naturally.
Blank
we are praying, and penswriter has good info here, as well
Blank
thank you so much for the support guys, i will update you tomorrow on bloodwork and hcg levels.
Blank
I went to the doctors this morning and he told me it was time to schedule the d & c and that my blood work hcg levels were in the 7000s from last week and that he doubted they were gonna rise, i got the blood work results from this morning just a few hours ago and my hcg evels have risen to 19611, theve doubled over 48 hours, i know have an ultrasound on wendsday to see if we can see the fetus and heartbeat, theres still hope, keep your fingers crossed for me.
Blank
girl, i went through the same thing! just keep your head up and hope for the best. i was 16 when i had my first miscarriage and i wasn't ready for a baby. people told me it was for the best, and i even had to talk to a grieve councelor. but now i see why they said that. but i can't really talk because now i am 17 and pregnant. almost 20 weeks along. :) but i wish you luck!!! keep us updated on everything!!
Blank
we will pray for the best outcome for you.
Blank
went to doctors today we saw the fetus and the heatbeat at 107bpm!
Blank
That's wonderful news for you! I hope you and baby keep going strong!
Blank
thats good!!! congrats!! how far are you now?
Blank
grear news. good luck and take care of yourself!! (;
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703