Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
8 days late, but negative test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

8 days late, but negative test

im 8 days late and took a pregnancy test 2 days ago and it showed up negative, ive never been more than a day late before. im concerned because my boyfriend and i had sex about a week after my last period and the condom broke (not inside) but as he was pulling out. ive been having, not cramps, but the feeling you get when your about to have your period for  days now, but no luck. ive also been having stomach aches...  could there be an other reason why im late? my friend said i could be having a "miscarriage" bc his mom has had the same problem, is that possible?  im going to take another test if i dont have it in a few more days
About four months ago I was also late..by 12 full days!! It turned out that I was not pregnant and was probably just stressed. It was so frusterating because I have never been that late ever before.  I took so many pregnancy tests and they were all negative.  If you want to find out for sure, go to your dr and ask for a blood test, which is much more accurate than a home pregnacy test.
If you are over a week late and had 2 negative pregnancy tests then I would say it's a good idea to call your doctor.  It should be showing up positive by now.  You doctor may want you to be seen and do some blood work.  Sometimes women just do not show up positive until they are a few weeks along.  I am not sure why but they don't.  They may want to exam you and if your blood work comes back negative they will probably want to do some more testing on your hormones and thyroid.  Stress can make your period late so if you are stressing a lot about this it could be causing your periods to be late.  Good luck and I hope you get your answer soon.
Hi I was hoping somebody can help me I got my period on the 23rd of march til the 27th I never got my periods for april nd now its the 5th of may already nd no sign I only ligh cramps no ntn happend pls help