Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
Cervix

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

Cervix

I've got soo many questions my SO said my cervix was high up and really soft,
I tried feeling it myself, I could barley feel it with the tips of my fingers and felt what seemed
Like a dimple .. Ive read that if its high and soft (like ur lips) ur either ovulating or pregnant guess my
Question is how do I tell if its low or high .. soft or hard I'm so confussed.
& What's the best way to feel ur cervix?
Hi!

To check your cervix, the best time is after a shower or bath, with clean hands and nails trimmed. You can sit on a toilet seat or squat on the ground or stand with one leg raised to a stool or a toilet seat. Use any one position always and do not feel cervix in different positions as change in examination position can cause slight variations in cervix position. Gently insert two fingers into the vagina and feel the cervix deep down. Usually this feels like a firm ring at the deep end of vagina. At the time of ovulation or pregnancy, it assumes a central top position and becomes soft. If you do this examination at different times of your cycle you will be able to feel the difference. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.