Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
Do i panic

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

Do i panic

In july I had sex with my boyfriend and he came inside me , I was scared so I took three home pregnancy tests one was positive the other negative and the last was unreadable . I went to the doctor and she said that I wasn't but it was still kind of early to be able to tell ... Since then I've had symptoms of morning sickness and even though I work out my stomach won't go down  .. My breasts have gotten large and tender ... I don't know what to do am I overreacting or  is this real
Id deff say youre not overreacting..  if you have sex you can get pregnant point blank.. especially if he came inside you id say youre pregnant possibly because its very hard to get a false positive.. Id wait a couple days and take another test.. but wait longer for the blood test and the doctors those arnt cheap and take a while to show up
You are worried about sex that happened in July?  And you don't know if you are pregnant by now?  Please take another home pregnancy test.  If you are five months along, it will come up positive by now.
Thanks . And yes I'm worried why shouldn't I be..?  After I told my dad he didn't let me even leave the house or make another appointment ,  now live with another family member , she told me about the possibility since I have bee having all those symptoms since about November .
It is just surprising that anyone would go for five months wondering if they were pregnant, when home pregnancy tests are available.  Are you having periods?  They also tend to point toward not being pregnant.  Anyway, take a test and see what it says.
If the doc said your not then your not. Have you had any periods in the last 5 months? It really is a strange question your asking. Does the person looking after you know your sexually active and should have some protection like condoms or the pill.
Like I said before after my dad found out he wouldn't let me go to the doctor or buy any tests I'm 17 so I would still be on his insurance policy.  And since I don't have a job I would have to ask him ..and at the dollar store you have to have an I.d. to buy a home pregnancy test so its just my luck that I'd move in with my dad after something like that happened .
And the doctor said it was to early to tell ... I went like not even a week after everything , even I kind of thought it was too early
Ask your family member to buy you a test, it's the only way to find out.. If it comes back negative and your still having problems, have them take you to a doctor :) best of luck :)
I've bought pregnancy tests at the Dollar Store before, and they did not ask me for I.D.  Have you tried and they did ask you, or is that just something someone told you?  A pregnancy test is not a controlled substance.
No I went and the lady at the counter asked me for an I.d.
For the test, or for your check or credit card?  That's pretty surprising.  Anyway, get your other family member to pick you up a test.
You dont have to have an i.d. trust me ive bought them for my sister and gone with her since we were 14 her 16 so trust me even dollar stores your school can provide you with one speak to a nurse a teacher can do you the favor and help you out and im sure your aunt can access to buy a pregnancy test
Yeah, it's really weird that they asked you for an I.D., but you should be able to go to another drug store, ask the school nurse, ask a friend who's 18 (I'm assuming you have at least one if you're 17), or ask a family member to get one for you.  Make sure you follow the instructions exactly.  Get one as soon as you can, and try to get another doctor's appointment.  If you can't afford one without insurance, there are clinics (like Planned Parenthood) which operate on a sliding scale.  They can do pregnancy tests and talk to you about your options.

If you are pregnant and think you might want to get an abortion, you'll need to act fast, and depending on your state (assuming you live in the US), it might already be too late.  If you wanted to adopt, having time to set that up might help.  If you decide to keep the kid (again, if you turn out to be pregnant), it's a huge amount of work and you'll probably need all the support from your family you can get.  Let me know, either here or by private message, if you want me to help you look up resources where you are.