Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
Early Pregnancy signs?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

Early Pregnancy signs?

Hi, I'm on the  beginning of my 4th pack of combination B/C pills and at the end of the last pack, during the sugar pills, I had sex without the use of a condom. He didn't ejaculate inside me. My period came the very next day as I expected, as it always comes around the 3rd day of the sugar pill. My period is usually 3-4 days, with the last two days being pretty light, and the first days being a normal flow. However, the period I had this time was only 2 days, the normal flow dwindling by the first night and not even enough to fill a panty liner by the second day. I felt slight cramps on friday, exactly a week after the incident, however it wasn't intense and lasted less than an hour. And today, I felt very slight nausea in the morning, however I wasn't sure if this was due to nerves as I also started my first exams today. I take my pill on time quite often, 9:30pm every night, but sometimes I do forget, however if I do forget, I'll take two pills at 9:30 the next day. And I've never missed more than one pill in a row. I'm not sure wether I'm pregnant or not.
Hi!
Well chances of pregnancy are less since the time you take the sugar pills is a pretty safe time and usually you would start the sugar pills about a week after ovulation. Also, you had your periods two days later. The periods can be at times shorter than usual if you are on pills. So, pregnancy is less likely, but do take a test and see. It will help reduce the tension and uncertainty.  Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.