Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
I don't like the pills, can i stop anytime?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

Hello, so i started taking my birth control 5 days ago, and I got on it because my boyfriend wanted to ejaculate inside of me, but i heard it DOESNT work effectively after a month. I started taking the birth control after 6 days of my period.. and thought i would be ok to have unprotected sex after 2 weeks of takin the pills. I feel like i dont want to have sex anymore.. i think its lowering my sex drive, can i stop taking the birth control pill today? What would happen if i stop taking them right away? When i see him i just want to use condom and be safe.. but this whole birtch control thing is not workin out for me.. and plus whats the point of me takin it since i cant have unprotected sex with my boyfriend after 2 weeks? so i want to go off of the pills... am i gonna be ok?
it wouldn't take effect after only 5 days. it takes weeks. and even though you are on the pill or any other form of b/c DO NOT LET HIM EJACULATE INSIDE OF YOU!!!! NO form of b/c is 100% effective. (unless you do stop having sex) you can end up pregnant and many women have. (my brother is a b/c baby) condoms are also not 100% effective. using both the pill and condoms is better than one or the other alone.  

call your ob/gyn and ask him/her if it's okay to just stop. I don't see why it wouldn't be.