Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
Just wanting some clarification

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

Just wanting some clarification

Im 17 and just wanted to make sure I was correct on this. When you have sex and you use the pull out method as your only contraceptive, after your boyfriend ejaculates he goes to the bathroom then comes back and continues having sex it makes it pretty impossible to get pregnant right?
not entirely :p pre-ejaculation still happens and he won't be aware of it and it does contain sperm.. its rare for someone to get pregnant that way but not impossible!! best thing to do is use a condom if you can get one!!
I thought it only contained sperm if it was left over from previous ejaculations? i may be wrong haha
you should really use protection.  If you don't want to worry about it then find other contraceptives.  There will always be precum, and there is very little sperm in that, but still could always be a possibility.
yes, you can get pregnant.
Pulling out is a VERY irresponsible method if you're not wanting to conceive. Pre-ejaculation is always present when a male is aroused. If you look, there is a clear liquid that is secreted. It's not felt when this happens, and while it doesn't contain high amount of sperm, it still has enough to impregnate a female. I know quite a few ladies who have children from this method.
   Pulling out is. NOT Amy method of birth control.I got pregnant at16using this method only 1or2times.U can get pregnant Im living proof.WHY DO WE (AS KIDS) THINK THIS WILL WORK???
Okay i understand that we should use protection. I appreciate your concern
Sweetie I didn't mean to b rude at all and I'm sry if it came off that way.I thought the same thing at16.I also got pregnant at 16from that(I had a tubal pregnancy though)I made the comment because I've been there and that thing we as teenagers that r sexually active fear so much happened2me.I don't want any1else having2go through that.
its okay! sorry i havent been on in awhile so i didnt see this until now. I didnt get pregnant luckily. But im still dealing with some consequences of having sex because my parents found out that me and my boyfriend had sex and they forced us to break up and crap. I never want to have sex again! thank you for your concern and dont worry i knew you were just trying to help
Hey Im around your age and once you start its hard to stop me and by boyfriend have tried twice to stop. The main thing to think about is if the one ur with is the person you want to be with for the rest of your life. It wasnt right of your parents to make yall break up.
yeah its been the roughest few weeks of my life. i love him so much and not just because of the physical stuff we got into. he is perfect for me. i am going to fight for me because i love him and true love shouldnt be broken up like this
Remember though-- I know you say it's true love but you're also young and it's very likely that you will end up with someone else in your future. I know you might not see it now, but we change so much as we grow up and mature and very often don't end up with the people we think we will. I met an ex of mine when I was 14 and we were together for 5 years. I thought that he WOULD be the person I would spend the rest of my life with, but he's not and I'm now I'm close to 22 and been with my husband now for a little over 2 years.

Your parents can't control your life, especially once you turn 18 however the best way to go about this is to talk to them LIKE AN ADULT. Do not be childish, don't cry, whine, yell, etc. Talk to them calmly and explain why you want to be with him and find out why they don't want you to be together. Try to see if you can compromise. If they refuse, you two don't have to wait long before you can be together.
yeah i know. but we always talked about staying together through college and had a good plan. And i did talk to my parents today. I didnt cry and when they yelled i kept calm. I told them everything about how i feel and they still wont even budge on their decision. I am Christian and so is my family and they think that if we get back together we will do it again and that i should have never dated this guy and all this crap
I can't say much in regards to religion, as I'm not--- but consider some of their thoughts as well. You're 17 years old and being that they ARE religious, sex before marriage is not allowed and is strongly looked down upon. As you've done it in the past, they see no reason why you won't again. And odds are, you will--- you say you won't, but many couples stop very briefly and then start back up. They've also lost that trust in you since you have become sexually active and hid it, so it's very difficult to gain that back.

I know you've talked about it, but there's a lot who also did. My ex and I had plans to get married. He even talked about proposing-- didn't amount to much though. IF it is meant to be you will be together, and this is only a very small obstacle.
yeah. thank you so much for your insight on this situation!