Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
My girlfriend

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

My girlfriend

So I have been dating my girlfriend since December 12 and now tonight she told me that she is pregnant and i know i am not the father because she had sex bc of weed before we dated idk what to do and idk what if i am on the birth certificate and have to pay for child support and stuff!!!! She had to move in with her grandparents last week bc her parents got kicked out the hotel and need get on their feet which would not happen bc they do drinking etc... Her grandparents of to take care of her sisters kids bc she got kicked out too who is 24 and her kids ages are 5 and 6 years old and live with my girlfriend and grandparents. This all happend because something bad happen to last summer r..... thats how she began having fun..... to get over it and she never told anyone except me nor her mom.... then no one knows except me and her not her mom or sis or grandparents!!!! i wanna be a daddy!!!
I can only yell you what I think to be true. Yes, you can sign the birth certificate. Yes, if the two of you break up she can most likely get child support unless you have a DNA test done proving the baby is not yours. If you've signed the birth certificate she may still be able to get child support even though you're not the child's birth father.
You can still be the child's father without signing the birth certificate.
I would recommend contacting a lawyer or child services to ask if all I told you is indeed true or not.
thanks it was so hard to sleep and not think about she told the real father about and he was a **** he just blocked he on fb thats why she chose me
i have been asking my friends they said i should be its father when someone picks me and this girl who lives in the same state says i should move thier for college and get a job and help out would that work
No,  moviestardude,  in my opinion that wouldn't work at all.  You haven't even been dating this girl for a month - and you aren't the father of this baby.

I wouldn't take responsibility for a child in this situation - you are too young and have other plans.

What do your parents think about this?
I have to agree with RockRose. You did'nt say this girl wanted you to move to where she was and take care of her.
Are you already in college right now?
This would be such a huge responsibility for you. Please don't jump into any decisions right this minute. Think about your future.
You sound like a very caring young man and I know you want to help but you have your whole life ahead of you.
well some how she could not handle it at all and got an abortion later that week and now i found her cheating on me so i am done cant stand it
You can have a DNA test done after the baby is born then sign the birth certificate. It doesn't need to be signed right away.
I'm so sorry you went through all of this. Try your best to move on and concentrate on your education.