Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
Ovulation or implantation bleeding?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

Ovulation or implantation bleeding?

Alright Im really confused. I dont take my temps or opk's but I do monitor my cm and yesterday I had my ewcm and Im pretty sure that was my ovulation day. I know that ovulation can be a little bit before or after your peak cm. However I've NEVER experienced mid-cycle bleeding or ovulation bleeding. And (tmi) after I went to the bathroom and I wiped I was surprised to find that I had more fertile cm (usually it starts to go away after I ovulate) and was shocked to see just a LITTLE bit of streaky blood in my cm. I dont know much about ovulation bleeding but what do you think? Ovulation bleeding or implantation bleeding? Btw my boyfriend and I did have sex during my fertile days. Any help is appreciated. Thanks :) Oh yeah before I went to the bathroom and saw the little bit of blood I was starting to feel crampy like I was gonna start my period even though Im not due for my period until the 17th of march. My lmp was the 15th of feb to the 18th. Again thanks for any advice.:)
Hi!
If you are expecting your periods around 17th, then you are mid cycle now, and this can be ovulation bleed. Implantation bleed comes about 7-10 days before periods. You can have an ovulation bleed even if you did not have one earlier.
Well the two most common cause of inter menstrual (between periods) spotting are pregnancy and birth control pills. Other causes are hypothyroidism, cervical dysplasia, cervical polyps, cervicitis (infection/inflammation of cervix), vaginitis (infection/inflammation of vagina), cervical and uterine cancer, uterine fibroids, hormonal imbalance as in polycystic disease of the ovary, use of blood thinners, genital ulcers, STDs and stress.
I think you should discuss these possibilities with your gynecologist.  A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind.  Take care!