Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
PLEASE dont judge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

PLEASE dont judge

I am 12 going to be 13 in may. I have had alot of the symptoms of pregnancy , ive taken 4 home tests and they all have came out negative, will a doctor see me without a parent?
Have you had unprotected sex? Have you missed your period? If so, how late are you? 4 pregnancy tests are usually not wrong unless you took them to soon. I'm not sure if you can see a Dr without your mom. Maybe you can at the clinic though.
I suggest going to the health clinic. You don't need to have a parent with you. They can't tell your parents without you permission
I agree with Elayna, you should go to the local health department. How long has it been since you had unprotected sex and when was your last period? If your not pregnant, I recommend going to the health department anyways and getting on birth control.
Yes as young as 12 years old you can see a doctor without your parent and your doctor CAN NOT by law tell anyone INCLUDING your parents. So you don't have to stoop to going to a clinic. You can see your family doctor. While you are there you might talk to them about your options on birth control? I'm not sure if that will show up on your families insurance bill or not, though, so you should ask. And also Planned Parenthood gives out free condoms by the hand full. You should check them out, because regardless of your age you should really be using a condom to pretect yourself form STD's
i disagree with the you can go to a dr with out a parent. The age of paitent doctor privilage is 16 I know this for a fact I was 15 when i found out i was pregnat with my first born whos now 4 and my doctor had to tell my mom because i was not 16. Go to a clinic.
obviously she cannot due to the fact that she still is a child and her parents are her sole providers. If you are 16 and over they cannot tell her parents but she is only 12 and they have to let her parents know by law.
Also most doctors will not see her unless she has insurance. And she probably does have insurance but its most likely under her parents name, and they will not let her use it until they notify her parents.
If she has a family doctor her insurance information should already be on record. And she does't completely have to go behind her parents back, she could ask them to schedule an appointment for her to get a pap smear exam then when she is about to be examined she could ask her parents to please leave the room, at which time she could ask her doctor how the confidentiality laws work in her state, and if she could get a pregnancy test without her parents knowing..However just an FYI the supreme court did rule that if you ARE pregnant you can be able to obtain prenatal medical care, with or without your parents′ consent. And there are also laws for when a teenager is not required to get parental consent for an abortion. So my suggestion would be to take a pregnancy test at home then if it comes back positive you could go from there. I'm sorry but no you do not have to tell your parents, at least not unless you plan on keeping the baby, then obviously you do. I've had friends in similar situations and I know that not all mothers are super supportive and awesome.
In the state of CA and a few others she can get a pregnancy test from her doctor without them telling her parents. I am in CA so IDK about other states. Hun if you need more time to cope with this without your parents there are ways. Look into it. But judging by the fact that you have not come back on here I'm thinking you probably got your period? Just let me know how things are going if you can. And good luck.
I am 15 and when i go to see my doctor(pediatrician) I do have to have my parent but when I go to see my ob/gyn I do not need a parent.But you do have to fill out paper work and your parents do have to sign them.Most clinics do not require a parent or tell your parents so I would go to a clinic and ask if they do free pregnancy test and you'll get a result and be commended to see a ob/gyn and give you a list of some in your area that you can call and schedule an appointment.
If i was tou i would go to the health department. I live in VA and they have a program call resoures mothers who will take to the doc and help with insurence and everything youll need. Idk if they have that where you live but i would call there just in case.