Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
Period is 5 days late and test is negative could I still be pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

My period is now 5 days late. I had some light brown spotting 3-4 days before AF was due and I have been getting many pregnancy symptoms but they have been off and on throughout the day, the symptoms that seem to remain are frequent urination, forgetfulness, increased CM and moodiness. The nausea, breast tenderness, cramps and headaches come and go throughout the day I've since taken 2 pregnancy test. I took 1 cheapie the day my period was due and I took 1 CB Digi today, both were BFN.( I have read many terrible reviews on the accuracy CB Digi test) My DP is convinced that I am pregnant, and I too feel pregnant but I still have doubt, because the tests are negative. Mind you I haven't taken the tests with morning urine, I took them both in the evening around 4-5. A family member of mine & 2 close friends also believe that I am pregnant (They are all pregnant) so I'm unsure, should I just go with my gut instinct? My period has never been late.
First I want to tell you the test and price may not matter as much as you think , 1 $ test can tell you the same results as a 13 $ test . Its about how far along you are and if the test detects pregnancy hormones . Did you follow the waiting limit on reading the results correct ? If you feel the test was wrong have you considered going to an obgyn having them test you or your family doctor for a pregnancy blood test which are very accurate ! Unfortunately pregnancy symptoms mimic pms .. morning urine is the best , if you can maybe test again with morning urine . Cycles are not always on time and stress can delay them and you can as well make your body come up with symptoms if you want to be pregnant. Take a test or schedule a docotr apt for blood tests . They will do an ultrasound