Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
Pregnancy concern

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

Pregnancy concern

Hello, I am 17-years old. I found out I was pregnant in June 2010. I am about 5-7 weeks pregnant and I was wondering has any pregnant women have sevre sharp pains, cramps this early in pregnancy? I have not been spotting nor is there any heavy bleeding yet. I went to the doctors yesterday and my doctor told me I have a UTI (Bladder Infection) blood in urine, Low white blood cell count. These cramps hurt so much I am in so much pain, mostly in the middle of the night and when I wake-up. Their off and on some days but other days these cramps just don't want to go away. I've treated my UTI with pills safe for pregnancy. I've also had weird vagina pains, like vagina spazzums, alot of headaches, and back pains. I don't know if this is normal or If I have had a missed-miscarriage. Someone please help me if you had any pains. I am worried. Thanks.
u might get checked for galbladder stones
Cramping is normal, though you shouldn't have sharp pains. At your next OB appointment, I'd ask about your symptoms and make sure everything is ok. Good luck.
You could be having an ectopic pregnancy as well.  I've done a ton of research on these because, even though I have no pains or bleeding, my doctor is worried I might be going through it as well since we have yet to see a gestational sac.  Have your doctor give you an ultrasound ASAP.  If it goes too far, your tube can burst and cause internal bleeding.  If not caught, this can be fatal at the most, or affect your fertility.  Hoping this is not the case!!!!
It depends on where the cramps are.  Period like cramps are normal in early pregnancy.  If you are having sharp pains on one side only then you should be checked to make sure it's not ectopic.  The sharp pains you've been feeling are likely related to the UTI/Bladder infection, especially if it was so bad there is blood in your urine.  UTI's and bladder infections can be very painful.  I assume they gave you meds to help treat the infection?  Be sure to drink plenty of water...lots and lots and lots of water to help flush the infection out.  Once the infection is gone you will probably not have the sharp pains in your vagina.  However you may still have cramping and an occasional sharp twinge around your utuers (round ligament pain).