Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
Pregnant or Not Pregnant- Test Says No but...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

Hello Everyone. For the past three weeks I've been having symptoms of early pregnancy. Four weeks ago me and my boyfriend had sex and I think the condom leaked a little as we noticed it later. Yesterday I took a test (in the evening) and it came out negative, but I heard that they can come out negative untill 5th month in some cases, is this true?? I'm pretty sure I am pregnant, but the negative pregnancy tests keep throwing me off.

Symtopms which I had include:
-Sour breasts
-Bigger and heavier breasts
-Darker amd  bigger nipples
-Feeling tired
-Feeling like if I was about to faint
-Food cravings
-Frequent urination (3+ in 6 hours)
-Feeling light headed
-Mood swings
-Morning sickness (feel like throwing
-Frequent headaches
is ur period late? if so by how many days/weeks? if u are late or arn't late it may still be too early for a positive pregnancy test. try testing again in a few days with ur first morning urine (FMU). that is what hold the most hormones, it may make a difference. if in a few days u still aren't pleased or are worried ask you doctor to draw some blood.
When people say that they didn't come up positive on a pregnancy test until they were five months its usually because they tested to early got a negative and then didn't test again for a couple months. With a normal pregnancy you should show positive on a pregnancy test around the time that your period is due. If you ovulated late it could cause the test to not show + for an extra week or two.

Best thing to do is wait until your period is due and if it is late than take a test. If its already passed did you have it or miss it? If you missed it wait another week and test or contact your doctor for a bHCG test.

Also a lot of the symptoms you are describing could be PMS symptoms as well.
I agree with alaysha on every single thing she said. When your next period is due, take a pregnancy test! You can even buy them from the dollar store and they work just as well. The reason they are so inexpensive is because it only cost a few pennies to make pregnancy tests but EPT and other brands jack up their prices to make a nice income.

So get a dollar store test when your period is due. If you're already late it could be that you're not pregnant and those symptoms could be related to any multitude of things. You should go see an OBGYN since you're sexually active anyway and get a pap smear. If you keep getting negative results at home, they can test you in the office. But it's also important that if you're going to be having sex, that you are also responsible for your body!
So did you turn out to be pregnant?
Yes! Wait a little while then take another pregnancy test, you might have been testing too early.. and if you're taking an at-home pregnancy test results are usually more accurate with "first morning" urine, so take it when you wake up!
well hun was you pregnant as i have had the same symtoms (symptoms) please let us know asap thanks hun hope it was all well for you.x
this post was started in 2008...i doubt the op still checks it.
can some 1 please help i have done 4 pregnancy tests they all said im not pregnant but i have sore boobs and i am weeing alot and getting cramps and im always tired im also 3 weeks late plese i need advise sam
go to the doctor for a blood test and exam
I'm  wondering  the  same  thing.  I  usually  start  my  period  on d 28th  of d  month.  the  last  time I  had  my  period  was  the 28th of august  which was  only five  days n  it  was  unusual  cuz  the  last  two  days  of  it  it  was  really  light. I  haven't  gotten  my  period  for  September the 28th.  went  to  to  hospital  couple  days  ago  doctors  told me  I'm  not  pregnant  but  still  haven't  started n  been  having  pregnancy  symptoms.
Please can someone help me with my question??