Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
Reasons for being induced
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Reasons for being induced

I'm 36 weeks and 5 days and I was wondering what are some reasons.for being induced I feel like my son has no room left I can't sit without being in pain and even when I lay down its not much better . He is very very low and I have constant discomfort and I'd really like to be induced when its safe .
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3169623_tn?1371172180
I'm 37+4 and I've been having the same issues as you plus my knees hurt and I have lots of back pain and lots of pain under my boobs I can't sit down in one spot for long. The list goes on. I talked to my doctor about it and he's going to so a membrane sweep on Dec 5th (I'm due the 12th) try talking to your doctor and feel better! We're almost there :-)
Blank
You are not alone. but u will not be induced for that reason, full term is after 37 weeks. they will induce it baby is large, high blood pressure, preclampsia, it hing, diabetes or other health related issues other than that u are dealing with same symtoms (symptoms) as other pregnant women
Blank
Welcome to pregnancy. It is not always easy and comfortable. I don't think it's a good idea to even ask your Dr about being induced if you're having no medical problems like the above poster mentioned.Are you having any medical problems other than feeling uncomfortable?  The best thing for the baby is for it to stay put until it's ready to be born.
Blank
At my last ultrasound the tech said I looked like I had low fluid and that he only had about an inch of room left but I don't know if that means anything . I've went into pre term labor twice and was once kept over night , but again I don't know if that means anything . I had my appt yesterday and she asked questions about things going on and she basically said she didn't like what she was hearing
Blank
It's not uncommon to have pre term labor pains in the last few weeks. If you do indeed have low amniotic fluid and the baby is in danger your Dr most likely induce you very soon. I would image they may test to see if the baby's lungs are developed enough.
Blank
my doctor isnt an ob , but my sister in law just had my nephew not too long ago and she said her ob doctor would have induced me by now so I dont know  ...
Blank
889551_tn?1331946140
Are you seeing a midwife? They can induce and will do so if you are indeed low in fluid. Generally though they can't induce before 39 weeks without a medical necessity.
Blank
No I'm seeing a family practitioner
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979