Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
Took Next Choice, still no period!?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

Took Next Choice, still no period!?

After having unprotected sex, (which was the most stupid thing I've ever done), First I was calm because my boyfriend said he "thought" he came outside and not inside of me, but after a while I got really worried and took Next Choice 71 hours after the intercourse and the next pill 12 hours and 40 minutes after the first one. I had my last period on April 8th and the intercouse 26 days after on May 4th. My period isn't always regular, but it usually comes around the same date every month or at least 1 week before or one week after the very same date, but never more than that. I took Next Choice on May 7, which according to the company should still work with 89% chance since I took it within 72 hours, but I'm starting to get really worried again because my breasts are hard and tender and have been for the past 5 days. I sometimes get tender breasts right before my period start, but usally not for 5 days, and it doesn't happen very often. On the Next Choice packet it says that one's period may be 1 week late, but usally not more than that. It has always been 1 week now, and I'm really freaking out.
Help please!
Thank you
Well it looks like you've followed the Next Choice guidelines, since it is supposed to be taken within 72 hours after unprotected sex.

If the medication tells you to expect your period to be late, then you should probably just sit tight and wait a few more days.

Also, like you said, tender breasts can be a symptom of the start of your menstrual cycle.

Since it has been a week since you had sex (and IF you are pregnant), you will most likely start having more symptoms (abdominal pain/cramping, frequent urination, spotting etc.  Check out more symptoms here: http://www.medhelp.org/symptomsearch)

If your period still hasn't come, it could be due to the fact that your stressing out too much, and it is a known fact that stress can alter your menstrual cycle!

Still, if your period is late, the best way to tell if you're pregnant would be to wait it out, look out for the symptoms, and do a pregnancy test.

Good luck!

x

Thank you
I guess it's hard to tell at the moment if I am or not, but your answer at least helped me to understand that there may be more possible reasons to why my period is late.  
were you pregnant? Im going throught the exact same thing right now