Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
abortion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

abortion

i went to a clinic today for a abortion,im 15 weeks and they put dialators in me but i dont want to go threw with it anymore and when i went back for them to take them out they couldnt and i have to wait until morning.what can i do to keep the baby safe?
I think it's too late. They already dilated your cervix. Did you have an ob doctor yet? Can you call him or go to the ER and see if there's anything they can do? I don't know if they can or not but I know that sometimes when a woman is in danger of miscarriage or losing the baby they can sew up the cervix until closer to time to deliver but I don't know if they can do that in your case or if that's something they do later on in pregnancy.
I found this:
To treat an incompetent cervix doctors will perform a cerclage. A cerclage is a procedure in which the doctor will sew the cervix closed with sutures to reinforce the cervix and prevent it from dilating to early. Most doctors will perform the cerclage when the mother is in her 14-16 week of pregnancy.

I don't know if they can do this in your case but if I were in your shoes I would really try to see if this could be done. I honestly don't know if it can be done in your case but I know they do it with women who have an incomplete or weak cervix.
I think you have a high chance of miscarrying right now though. I'm so sorry. I will be saying prayers with you. Try to leave it in God's hands now.
Please come back and let us know how you are doing. We all care here. God bless you, my dear. My prayers are with you at this time. *Hugs*
April

All I can say is hope for the best. What made you change your mind? Did you not think it through?
See, this is what upsets me so much about abortion clinics. I'm not upset about the girls who go there because I know they're young and scared. I do get upset with the people at these clinics because they are adults and should be counseling these girls and show them that there are other options than abortion but they don't. These girls should be given ALL the options and told how serious this decision is and recommend they really think it through first. But they don't do that! It really makes me mad at these clinics.
I do agree with you, but the girls could also take time to educate themselves.
This is so sad. She never came back. I fear the worst then. I hope she's ok. :(
ive had an abortion before and not to defend the clinics but they do educate you on your options. they are required by law do do this..at least in my state. and you have to sign papers saying you understand the procedure and you know your options.
I have had an abortion before and like the other girl said they do inform u about everything u do need 2 kno..Me personally I regert me gettin an abortion everyday of my life especially wen i see a new born baby n the store r sumthin it brings me almost 2 tears knowin that i killed my baby but u have to move on with your life but u will honestly never 4 get that...N now im currently pregnant n im goin 2 do my best 2 do everything i can 4 my baby its just a choice that u as a mother have 2 make...I can always say no dnt do it cuz u will regret it but at the end of the day the choice is still goin 2 b yours....n u can go to your local ER n they will try 2 do all the can 2 prevent you from havin a miscarriage