Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
belly button? Hernia or is it trying to poke out??? HELP ME SOMEONE.!!!...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

belly button? Hernia or is it trying to poke out??? HELP ME SOMEONE.!!!!

Well The Inside Of My Belly Button Hurts A lot And I Don't Know What's Happening It Seems It Wants To Poke Out But I Took A Pregnancy Test Last Month And It Said Negative And I Got My Period I'm Wondering if Its That I'm Pregnant Or If I Have A Hernia?!? P.s no Discharge or nothing just pain when i poke it i have a innie.!!
:) Thanks i really need useful answers please help.!!
Hi!
In all probability what you have is a para-umbilical hernia (if you can feel something poking out). This occurs close to the belly button. The contents of the hernia sac are intestine, mesentry (soft tissue attached to intestine), blood vessels, fat tissue etc. The sac may also be empty. By itself, the hernia does not cause any problem but if it increases in size, it may cause strangulation of the contents of the sac and this is a medical emergency. Treatment involves reducing weight, avoiding constipation, avoiding strenuous work and lifting weight. Hernia is repaired by surgery.
Other than this, pain in belly button region can be due to gas, acidity, appendicitis, colitis or even due to infection. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining the condition. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.