Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
is it normal to bleed period blood through just urine?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

is it normal to bleed period blood through just urine?

hi everyone, I am 18 years old and currently I have a urinary tact infection and its quite hard for me to pee as it is painful and quite frequent. At the same time, I noticed that I am actually on my period. (At first I thought it was just blood, but it turns out to be period blood because i noticed the smell :P) But this time it is different since unlike a normal period, my current period blood only comes out whenever i urinate. Other than that, there is none to minimal stain on my pad. I was just wondering if this was normal or not; sorry if I grossed some of you out though. It's just that, this is the first time this has happened to me and last month I skipped my period. Most likely resulting in this new weird cycle.

btw, i already did go to my doctor, and she said that the blood coming through my urine may either be my period or it may be an infection coming from my kidneys or bladder O.O

btw btw, before everyone tells me to go to the doctor, as I said, I already did, and she sent my urine to go get cultured and I still have to wait 2 more days. She says that blood in urine is normal, but uhh, i don't think so hahhaa.