Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
possibly 7weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

possibly 7weeks

Hello my last period was january 17-23 i have not had a period since. on sunday feb the 24th at 2:50am i got a faint line on a first response pregnancy test, on thursday feb the 28th i got another faint positive on a dollar store test at 8 something in the morning, and on the 1st of march my second first response test was invalid. on March 5th i had blood drawn to check for pregnancy, i should know today. im scared it'll be negative :( we want a baby so badly.
Sometimes false positive results are there like in chemical pregnancies,missed reaction time of the test(If you let the test sit for too long (after the instructions on the box tell you), the test is invalid) and if you are taking drugs that have hCG in them like Novarel, Profasi, Pregnyl. Please check these conditions.

If you are doubtful regarding the status of your pregnancy, you can go in for blood pregnancy test which measures the amount of hCG in your blood. You have already got this test done. So you should wait for the report. Transvaginal ultrasound at as early as 5-6 wks of pregnancy can also confirm pregnancy.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
If you got a postive on the dollar store test then you most likely are because to get a postive on that is pretty hard xD
I was 6 weeks and barely got a postive on it!
I didnt not have a chemical pregnancy or any type of miscarriage. lab work was negative but still have not had a period and have lots of symptoms.
MY AUNT GOT NEGATIVE BLOOD AND URINE UNTIL SHE WAS 6MONTHS PREGNANT!
MY FRIEND WAS THE SAME WAY TIL 4 1/2 MONTHS.
MY FRIEND ANGELA DIDNT GET A POS ON ANYTHING TIL 3 MONTHS AND MY SISTERS FRIEND TIL 5 1/2 MONTHS.
just because that happened to your aunt doesn't mean the same thing will happen to you. You are 2 different people. At 7 weeks there should be hcg in your system. If you don't think the blood test was correct ask for an ultrasound. I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks and I was able to see a baby and a heartbeat. But of course my blood test tested positive.
Lol never said itd be the same for me now did i? NOPE :)
What Chemical Pregnancy Means:

The term chemical pregnancy means that the miscarriage happened at a point that a missed period and biochemical tests, such as an hCG blood test or a home pregnancy test (checking hCG in urine), were the only evidence that you were pregnant. The miscarriage happened before an ultrasound could have shown agestational sac.When the pregnancy develops to the point that ultrasound could confirm the existence of the pregnancy, the term becomes clinical pregnancy. Thus, a chemical pregnancy would be a miscarriage before the fifth week of gestation -- or within about week after your missed menstrual period.

Symptoms:

The primary symptom of chemical pregnancy would be if you begin to have vaginal bleedingshortly after having a positive pregnancy test. Blood tests reveal low hCG levels that are decreasing rather than increasing.
I think that you should see a doctor.