Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
someone tell me when i ovulate? please:)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

i have just started getting my periods on a 21 day cycle. i started my periods on the 15/08/12 and the period before was the 22/07/12. i am planning to start a family. can anyone tell me when is the time i ovulate and the best time for me to try conceive?
Hello there!
   For women who have a 28 to 32 day menstrual cycle, ovulation can take place between days 11 through 21. Remember this is just an average of days that ovulation could take place—every woman's cycle is different.
    Women have about 6 days in which they can get pregnant.  This is known as the fertile window.  A woman’s fertile window includes the five days before ovulation and the day of ovulation.  These six days are the only days in a woman’s cycle when she can conceivably get pregnant.  a woman’s chance of conceiving two days before ovulation is just as likely, if not more likely, as the day before ovulation.  What this means for couples trying to conceive is that timing intercourse to occur a couple days before ovulation and the day before ovulation will give them the greatest chance of conceiving.
   If calculating your fertile window, tracking your cervical mucus, and trying to figure out when your body is going to release that precious egg is too challenging for you, don’t sweat it. Use the cheater method to figure out when you should have sex. If you have sex every other day starting on cycle day 10 and ending on cycle day 18, you should have plenty of intercourse during your fertile window. You don’t have to time everything perfectly. Your chances of conceiving during any of the four days before ovulation are good. By using this method, you can be sure that you had sex on at least a couple of these highly fertile days. If you use an ovulation test, having sex two days before actual ovulation is more likely to result in pregnancy!
   a few other ideas are: avoid lubricants - they are not sperm 'friendly.' Give up the smokes if you use tobacco. Try,as best you can to keep your weight within normal height/weight proportions. Keep in mind that having sex every other day is your best chance at pregnancy - also, men's hormone levels are highest in the morning, so it's also the best time to have sex!
   It shouldn’t take a healthy couple that is having regular sex more than a year to get pregnant. If you have been trying for over a year, it’s time to see the doctor. All the tricks and tips in the world may not be helpful if there is an underlying condition that needs to be treated. If you are over 35 you don’t want to wait quite as long to be seen. Once you have been trying for six months, if you haven’t conceived, go see your doctor. Women that are 40 and up only need to wait 3 months before getting help.
   I wish you the very best and don't try too hard, remember to enjoy yourself and don't stress. Take care sweetie!

Thank you very much, your information will come in handy and i will let you know how i get on. one more question.. when my partner releases his sperm inside me, i always go to the toilet and wipe my noon with tissue, am i ment to just leave it inside? x
No, there are MILLIONS of sperm inside you and the ones that don't come out are already working their way in the other direction. Don't worry about wiping. There are thousands heading for any potential egg. And you only need one. Good luck getting pregnant.
ok , so my lpm was march 5-9 . I have a 32-34 day cycle . when would I have ovulated ? guesses please