Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
thinking pregnancy?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

thinking pregnancy?!

I was suppose to start the 11th of this month and never did. I took a HPT and it said negative. Well my husband & I had unprotected sex the 15th&the 16th. Today I have been extremely stressed out and started to spot when I wiped. Then I went to the restroom again and there was a little light pink blood on my pantie liner. And I'm not sure if this is me starting my period or not. Is there a possibility I could be pregnant?
Hi!
You can repeat the pregnancy test and see. If it is negative, then in all probability you will start your periods. The other way to test is through quantitative HCG estimation in blood at 48 hours intervals. If the levels are negative at the first test, then you this is the start of your periods. If the levels are positive on first test and drop on the second test, it is likely to be a miscarriage. If the levels are positive and doubling on the second test, it is a confirmed pregnancy. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.