Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
what is happening

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

what is happening

k so i got an abortion on july 21st.. and i havent got my period since so i thought it either didnt work or im again pregnant, my boobs hurt, and i feel sick, but i woke up this morning with blood? so am i pregnant or did my period just come really late?
With an abortion it can and most of the time will mess up your period. Good chance it was just your body finally getting back on track. If you would like you could take a HPT but I think it will be NEG. Good luck and remember abortion is not a type of birth control.
After having an abortion, your periods won't be regular again for a few months.
If you're having unprotected sex yes you can be pregnant. Like the others said it can also mess up your periods.

If you don't want to get pregnant get on some form of b/c and always use condoms.
firstly, if you have had an abortion within the past 3 months and yet you're still having unprotected sex, you need to take action of your consequences. you can't just abort when you find out you're pregnant. thats a human being.... you don't wanna baby, have protected sex. or you wanna be grown and have unprotected sex, then be grown and raise what you created. or atleast give it up for adoption.

but i'm not here to judge, or *****. sorry if it came off that way!!
but if you ARE having unprotected sex, then yes, it is possible you are pregnant again. i've never had an abortion, but i am 18 weeks pregnant with my 1st baby and i had nausea and tenderness. but then again, it could be the abortion just messing with your body. if you're that worried about it, take a HPT. keep us updated!! :)
-courtnee