Braces to fix my bite!
I am 28 years old and I have been through othodontics when I was 12-14years old. I had a tooth on the upper left side removed to allow space for my teeth to straighten. Now later in my life I am paying the consequences because my teeth have moved and my bite is out of alignment.Everything has shifted forward and it looks like I have a crooked smile!
My orthodontist I went to has recommended braces to open a space where the original tooth was removed and for me to get a dental implant in the future open space. I will be wearing the braces for 18 months with the newer innovation braces. Has anyone had any experience with this situation and if so did everything work out? And any information on a dental implant experience? Any doctor advice would also be appreciated. Thanks!
With not knowing a few more specifics, if you had a tooth removed on just one side, your orthodontist is most likely correct with his treatment plan.  Even if extractions were on both sides this can be good treatment.  I'm an orthodontist as well as a TMJ specialist and have done this many times.  It may be to finish a patient's bite to stabilize their TM joint or to improve facial profile and symmetry.  Sounds like you're in good hands.  Dental implants, by the way, are a wonderful way to replace missing teeth.  Good luck.