Could TMJ cause aniety attacks?
I have no jaw pain some occasionally popping. My dentist says I have TMJ and need a mouth guard. These anxiety attacks started after getting a front bridge and have 2 crowns.I have been really tense having dizziness spells very tight hunching of shoulders and clenching of my teeth. When these anxiety spells start it sometime affect my breathing and I hyper-ventilate. DO you think a night guard could help this?? I feel like I'm going crazy!! Thanks in advance
If you have been diagnosed as having TMD, and you know you have anxiety, a guard could help with grinding and clenching at night. It may prevent the condition from getting to the point where it does cause pain.
There is even a video attached to this discussion "TMJ & Jaw Clenching" that should help reinforce this idea.

There is thought to be a link between stress and TMD, and you already know you are having anxiety. Try to be aware of the clenching and stop it when you notice.

Try using simple meditative techniques like breathing exercises when you feel an attack. Focus only on your breathing. It may help you come out of the attack quicker.