Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
Enlarged Masseter Muscle
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to temporomandibular joint issues including headaches and managing pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Enlarged Masseter Muscle

Hi I am a 27 year old male who underwent surgery due to a broken Jaw (from a punch). Had a plate put in my left side and 2 just under my 2 front teeth. Bones healed pretty quickly but issues with the surround muscles and tissue, plate on the left side was infected so a second surgery to remove that plate. It has been 6 months since the second surgery which was suppose to correct the problem with my masseter muscle swelling. It is still swollen and still tight. My surgeon doesn't sudgest anything but time and say it should resolve on it's own but I am not convinced since i had to return 3 or 4 times to insist it was infected prior. Surgeons never want to admit any faults or problems. All I want to know is what could be causing the masseter to still be swollen after all this time it has been 12 months since first surgery and 6 since the last, the muscle just won't return to normal. Any idea's on the cause and or solutions?
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
17 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank