Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
Grindinh teeth making lips bigger

This patient support community is for discussions relating to temporomandibular joint issues including headaches and managing pain.

Grindinh teeth making lips bigger

I have TMJ without pain in the joint, but I grind my teeth alot, lately I've been noticing how different my lips look, they look alot bigger and pushed forward, also there is lines/discolouration around the edge of the lips dark lines have formed, they are reddish and almost brown in colour, does anyone know if grinding teeth could cause this and if my lips will ever go back to normal?
I think you have something else going on, though the lips might go forward if your bite has changed.  I recommend you see your primary care physician about the discoloration and enlargening of your lips.

Regarding your teeth grinding, I recommend you ask a dentist who does night guards if one would be right for you to wear for teeth protection.