Healing from Chronic pain?
I've suffered from daily horrible intense chronic tension headaches the past 5 months which I believe where due to stress which caused a "flare up" in my tmj so I saw a nuerologist who diagnosed me with chronic tension headaches. The past week I've been taking topamax and an anti-inflamatory which has significantly reduced my pain. However, my head feels sooo weak and weird! I was wondering if this was a normal healing process since I was in pain for so long? Also, I've been suffering from hypersensitive hearing-been cotton balling it for 3 weeks! The ENT thinks its a vitamin B difiency...I believe its correlated with the changes of my head. Any suggestions, insight, info?
I thought Topomax was for migraines not tension headaches. I am surprised you got prescribed that. It could make your head feel weak and weird. It is fondly refered to as Dopomax for its propensity to make you a complete idiot. However most of us would rather be a fool without a headache, than intelligent and in pain. As well if you've only been taking it a week that side effect may take a couple of weeks to wear off, so there is hope it will still go away.

I get super sensitive hearing when my jaw joints are bothering me. I went to an ear, nose, and throat specialist and all they could say was ear plugs. If it is a vitamin B deficiency that is easy enough to figure out. Just a little blood test, and the cure is equally easy. A big honking B vitamin. I hope for your sake it is a deficiency. Spidey man hearing isn't the greatest.
Seeing an orofacial pain specialist or tmj specialist is advised.
what is the difference? I've only been referred to tmj specialist and so far none of them have properly helped me.
A well made occlusal appliance or night guard can be very effective to relieve your problems, but you need to find a highly competent practitioner.