How long can a TMJ sore throat/pain last?
I, finally, went to a ENT Wednesday after my ear and throat hurting for a month and he verified my TMJ in both jaws.

I have had this all my life but just recently started having pain a month ago. Left Ear dull ache. Occasional shooting pain and left side sore throat.

He felt my neck and looked in my throat and gave me instructions on how do relieve the pain.

Told me to take Aleve (of course it does nothing. It's like eating candy)

My question is, will this ever go away?  I've never experienced anything like this so I'm just sore of in a state of panic. This has been a horrible month.

Does anyone have any kind of advice of what I can do to help the pain?
I recently got braces to correct a bad bite and have been having exactly the same problem. Been to the ENT, had antibiotics , antihistamines etc nothing works .  Its been more than a month now.  Dont know what else to do.  Can cope with the TMJ neck pain bit the throat bit worrie me.  Any tips?