Husband has bone infection after tooth removal
My poor husband had his impacted wisdom teeth removed. He has developed a bone infection and now the doctor's office who treated him is backpeddling and saying that he has the "flu." They were the ones' who told him he had the infection to begin with. He is in ALOT of pain, nausea, very tired and overal in pain everywhere. He is on antibiotics - Amoxocillin, but i am concerned it is not enough. They told him they would change the gauzes but when he called to have it done - they gave him the runaround and then finally agreed to "do him a favor" by changing them out.  Iam concerned - what should i look for if this gets worse? What can we do to ensure he is being treated appropriately? He's miserable and they are acting like its his problem. Please help.
If infection persists after 3-5 days of amoxicillin administration, switching to other antibiotics , such as clindamycin or erythromycin is advised.
If your husband has osteomyelitis I would seek the care of an oral surgeon immediately, assuming it was not an oral surgeon that did the extraction.  If so, get another opinion as this is a serious medical condition and oral antibiotics may not be effective enough.  TMJDoc