Temporomandibular Joint & Muscle Community
I can't control my smile

This patient support community is for discussions relating to temporomandibular joint issues including headaches and managing pain.

I can't control my smile

I don't know what is going on, but i will try my best to explain my problem.
I am 20. When i smile or laugh( usually when i fake them, or the duration is too long, or combine of both) at some point i have to be forced to stop smiling or laughing cause my facial muscle gets "tired." I don't think tire is the right word but i can't find a better word within my knowledge.  And it's definitely not pain. I can be consistent and run for 30 minutes even if i am very tired but i can't be consistent and continue smiling when "it" comes. I have to stop smiling. It's like doing too much bicep training with dumbbell and when you reach your limit you can't lift any more. I am 20, this problem is making my social life a total disaster.. please help, comment, advice, anything. If i am in the wrong forum, please tell me where to ask.
Seeing a neurologist is advised.
It happens to me too and to everyone else. People are taught that they should fake their life instead of living it and that´s wrong. I used to be like you, I used to fake smiles and laughts because I thought that people were only going to like me if I pretended I was happy when I wasn´t. That thing you call a social life is not a social life, that´s why it´s a disaster. Real friends are the people who let you have total freedom to be yourself AND SPECIALLY TO FEEL OR NOT FEEL, WHATEVER IS HAPPENING AT THE MOMENT WITH YOUR EMOTIONS IT´S FINE WITH THEM. If you cease to try to smile when you don´t feel it spontaneously, there´ll come a time when you will find yourself feeling real emotions accompanied by spontaneous smiles that DO NOT HURT AFTER 30 MINUTES AND ARE REALLY PLEASURABLE AND BEAUTIFUL.